Advocacy
The decisions of government and the University have an impact on our day-to-day lives as students. One of the main roles the SU plays is an advocate for its members. If elected, I will advocate for the following:
Targeted financial assistance: Financial assistance that helps those most in need in the form of up-front grants, targeted at underrepresented groups.
Tuition: it is no secret that tuition fees have increased dramatically in the past twenty years, far outstripping the rate of inflation. Students need predictable and affordable levels of tuition, which is why I will advocate for a continuation of the tuition freeze and the auxiliary fee freeze.
Adequate student representation on decision making bodies: students are one of the major stakeholders in the Post-Secondary Education system, the others being faculty and administration. I will advocate for more representation on the decision making bodies of the University.
Targeted financial assistance: Financial assistance that helps those most in need in the form of up-front grants, targeted at underrepresented groups.
Tuition: it is no secret that tuition fees have increased dramatically in the past twenty years, far outstripping the rate of inflation. Students need predictable and affordable levels of tuition, which is why I will advocate for a continuation of the tuition freeze and the auxiliary fee freeze.
Adequate student representation on decision making bodies: students are one of the major stakeholders in the Post-Secondary Education system, the others being faculty and administration. I will advocate for more representation on the decision making bodies of the University.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home